What Makes You Successful?
Your products, your services, your location, your tools, and of course, your employees. All of these help your business succeed. And as it’s important to properly train your employees to protect your business, it’s just as important to recognize them as a valuable team. Of course every company wants to be successful and have a “winning team.” But what exactly are the components of a winning team?
- Every Team should have clear leadership. No one can carry the load of an entire organization on their shoulders.
- Every Team should consist of the right Team members. The right team will consist of a group of people with various skills that all work together towards a set of shared goals. It may take some time to find the right team, but once they are in place, they are invaluable.
- Every Team member should show respect for each other and their views, whether opposing or not. Every Team member should feel comfortable voicing their opinion and all other Team members should be open to change and listening to new ideas.
- Every Team should have processes in place that have been documented and shared. If everyone knows the process and it is followed correctly, the Team will be successful.
- Every Team should have the right tools to do their job most efficiently. From the software you purchase to the hardware you are using, these are critical components of making sure your Team is working at their top potential.
- Every Team should share accountability for their successes and failures.
- Every Team should rally when successes are achieved and learn from failures. That is the only way you will grow.
- Every Team member should feel important as an integral part of company growth. This is achieved with trust, loyalty and recognition.
Just as a reminder, be sure to thank your Team today. I’m sure they are awesome.