Generating Income with InOrder Using Promotions
As we previously said in our article about generating income with your ERP system, promotions provide incentives to customers for ordering, or for increasing the size of their orders. For example, you might include a free item with every order over $100. Promotions can also be used to entice customers to buy from other product categories they have not tried yet, or to test prices and new product offerings.
Here are more profitable ways to use promotions:
- Use promotional shipping charges to offer free or discounted shipping for an order.
- Offer buy-one-get-one sales. These are popular ways for customers to buy two gifts for less, or give a gift while shopping for themselves.
- Encourage customers to spend more using tiered discounts. For example, give a 5% discount to customer who spend $50, 10% discount for spending $100, etc.
- Offer discounts on items related to each other when they’re bought together, such as batteries or cell phone accessories.
- Host a sale for a preferred group of customers. Send an Email with exclusive access to the sale.
Use InOrder to easily tailor promotions to your business. Keycodes, which are uniquely connected to mailing lists used in promotions, may be used with Google click-tracking. You can use this to track the links clicked by your customers from Email messages you have sent to them.